I guess I didn't fully consider how starting a new job and moving to a new house would be a lot to handle at one time. But these are some of the funny combinations it has brought about:
1. Not cooking: because I don't have energy (due to job) nor a proper kitchen (due to moving)
2. My whole life revolves around packing, organizing, moving and unpacking (due to moving a new house, and due to setting up a new classroom)
3. Looking professional on the job: due to not having a working shower when first moving into our place, I take a backpack and shower supplies to my aunts and uncles' every morning to shower. I can't find my clothes, because I still haven't unpacked my closet. Once, I do find my clothes, I take a "laboring" outfit and a "professional" outfit to work everyday. The "labor" outfit is for moving and organizing the classroom, and the "professional" outfit is for meetings and home visits in the afternoons.
Luckily I have had some life-saving people in my life the last couple of weeks:
1. Bjørn: moved everything the first week and would work until 11pm every night, when my mind would stop functioning at 9pm.
2. Peter & Esther: My in-laws came up 2 weekends in a row to clean up our new place, clean up our old place, and move furniture in both houses, and make repairs around our new place.
3. John: My uncle oversaw and worked hard to install a working shower in our "new" house. As well, as helping move furniture and make repairs with Peter all around the house.
4. Mike & Marty: also did a deep clean of our new place, after their son, Mikal moved out to go to TWU.
Thank you to all of the Eides and Bulthuis'! I don't usually do props on my blog, but let's be honest: you guys deserved it this time.