17.3.08

things i didn't know...

or forgot.

  • to wear green to school! How bad of an idea was that, when I work with children?! (Note: I HATE being pinched!)
  • the shamrock is part of St. Patrick's Day because St. Patty himself used it as a missionary tactic to talk to the Irish about the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. My only question is: what do you do when an Irish lad finds a 4-leaf clover?
  • Only at Sumas can you openly talk about the religious roots of holidays without any fear of being politically incorrect.
  • My Spring resolution (why limit resolutions to only the New Year?) is to not kill any of my plants! In my defense, out of 12 plants, only 4 died over the winter: 2 from thirst, 1 from a freak disease, and the other 1 had a serious smoking problem--I always told him it would catch up with him...some plants just never listen.
  • Sauerkraut can tend to be a little "gassy" but cooking it in beer helps to neutralize the acidity of the sauerkraut. Recipezaar told me so! ;) Think I might try it with some spicy italian sausage tonight.

0 notes: