20.1.05

karlu penki (5)


In my room
Originally uploaded by The Enforcer.
The dorm experience here is definitely something different. There is only one huge dorm, built in Soviet Style (piling tons of people in a single buidling with the only the bare essentials, everything was made as simple as possible). There are 13 different nationalities represented in this dorm, so it is a very multi-cultural experience. I live in a single room with three other girls-Renalda, Agata, (both Latvian) and Dovile (Lithuanian). We have two bunk beds, our own desk and shelves, and then we share a bathroom, sink, fridge and kitchen table. We also do all of our own cooking. As a Study Abroad student, I am given a monthly stipend of 550 litas, about $200 US, which is more than enough to pay for groceries-I'm able to go out, which we do almost every night, either to dinner or to a jazz club or bar.
My roommates are amazing ladies. I am already close friends with Renalda and Agata. I think tonight even, we are going to go out to Global, the local dance club (it is half price on Thursdays, so everyone, and i mean EVERY one from LCC, my school, goes). They absolutely love dancing here, which works well for me, cuz I like it a lot too, haha. The only part I do not enjoy besides obviously experiencing drunk people, is the smoke. People are allowed to smoke inside everywhere here, except for in LCC and our dorm (which is so nice). I definitely took for granted having fresh air back home. Smoke in the eyes is definitely the worse, but I guess this is all part of experiencing a different culture...which has been a challenge, but an exciting one.

0 notes: