24.1.05

YWAM in Lithuania

Tonight I went with 8 other SA students to check out the YWAM building and the different ministries we can be involved in. Tim, a British lad on the paid team @ YWAM (7 people total) took us there from our dorm and showed us around, explaining everything in detail. It is a ministry in progess, and it is so cool to see their vision and how God is already working there. It was amazing how much of a feeling of community was present there.
the ministries they have include: a hs group on saturday nights, small groups during the week, english classes, family ministry, and they hook people up with an orphanage to volunteer at. It was amazing to see a group of dedicated people across the world being used so greatly by God to reach the people of Lithuania. I have decided that I am going to volunteer at the orphanage, the Baby House. It will be a tough experience because I have to be dedicated for 3 hours one day a week, every week, and the orphanages can be a depressing place to be, plus sometimes communication may be difficult due to no translator. So I'm gonna have to study Lithuanian hard so I can talk at least a little, and trust God with giving me the ability to persevere through this. YWAM also needs a lot of English teachers for a class from 7-8 Monday evenings, and since I took a TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) course last fall @ Trinity, I am going to help lead it. It will be a conversational-based classroom, so it will be interesting, a little chaotic at times, but I think it will be good. K, so now I've gotta go study some Lithuanian. Labankt (Goodnight).

1 notes:

Bjørn said...

That is so cool that you will be aboe to work at that orphanage like you wanted to. That will be a lot of work. And teaching English, too. Wow. I look forward to hearing a lot of exciting about how God will use you in these positions.