17.1.08

the old married women?

     I had the most bizarre "moment of reflection" last night. I went to a friend's birthday party at his house, the mansion (where Bjørn lived 3rd year of twu). First thing was I forgot what it was like to live with college roommates, cuz I couldn't handle how messy the kitchen was, and I had to tell myself, 'Jenny, get a grip! Bjørn lived here and it never bugged you before!' Then as more and more people started to arrive and we began to talk about what we do, etc., I became more aware about how much different my life is now in comparison to 7 months ago. It wasn't until that second, that I actually FELT all the changes I have gone through. I wound up clinging to my married girl friend, as we both realized we were the only married girls there--or even girls in "serious relationships" there! everyone was single!--as well as the only working women there. We both commented on how we were tired of big groups and parties, and prefer hanging out in small groups. I actually felt overdressed (having just come from work meeting)! And finally, Bjørn and I had to leave at 8:15, cuz we were both tired and wanted to get sleep. All I could do was laugh as I walked away from the party that night, realizing that for once, I felt old! 


It was the first time being in a group of people my age that I actually felt older! I always feel younger, due to shortness and "childlike face." I have felt a little annoyed the past couple months with my friends that have treated me different because I am a married woman, and thus think I "don't ever want to hang out" or "only want to be with Bjørn." But last night, I felt for the first time that I am different. But being married is only 1 factor of the new equation that is my life. I've also graduated university, moved out from under my dad, and found a career style job. And for a lot of my friends from university, those changes won't happen for another year or two. So I guess it will be interesting to see what happens to all of us and our lives in the next 2 years. And if I've changed this much in 7 months, who knows what I'll be like then!

4 notes:

Chris said...

JENNY LYNN BULTHUIS!!!! where was this party with all these single girls and why was i sitting at home writing code in my footy pj's and not poorly attempting to entertain/stalk them? honestly... i thought you were the girl? i thought were gonna hook me up?!?

Jenny Built-house said...

i'm sorry chris. i forgot you like 18-year-old girls ;) i actually didn't know til i got there that there would be a lot of people.

p.s. when are we going to nuthouse? wednesday night?

JW's said...

oh hey jenny we have a blog now,
i know, i know.
check it out

jeffandwhitneychristensen.blogspot.com

ghdeyu said...

Article is very interesting,thanks for your sharing.I will visit this site.And welcome to wedding dresses online

shop.We supply high quality wedding dress,
cheap wedding dresses,
evening dresses.We have run dress business 20 years and you can trust us

completely.We have
a line wedding dresses
prom dresses,empire wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,ball gown Wedding Dresses
and so on.You can find your dreamstrapless wedding

dresses
here.We do retail and wholesale wedding dresses business.get your tea length wedding dressesand plus size wedding dressesright now!